Thursday, July 30, 2009

Day 2 - Go Blog Yourself

As I'm sure I illustrated yesterday, I'm fairly new at this. I'm not even sure if there are technically rules to this blogging exercise--and if there are I'm sure I've broken a few of them already. Most blogs tend to focus on one thing (as mentioned previously, daily routines are a surefire way to bore the hell out of the reader). Sometimes its as contrite as a blog about how amazing the writer's family happens to be, and sometimes its about important things--like sports.

Unfortunately for you, this blog is not about just one thing. I intended this to be an experiment, and I'll be damned if I'm going to limit my experiment to just one test variable. For those scrambling to Wikipedia or AskJeeves to learn what a test variable is, skip the search engine and bring a toaster into the shower with you tomorrow morning. If you notice anything different, lemme know. Douche.

If you actually did have to look up what a test variable is, well then I apologize for the unnecessary insult. I've just been a little stressed out lately with the pressures of this blog and took it out on you, I'm sorry. If you continue reading, or are still at this point, then I'll assume that means you accept my apology. Also, if by some chance you did bring a toaster into the shower with you well then we'll chalk this one up to Darwin and call it square.

Now a whopping two days into this experiment I'm starting to realize why people tend to stop these things before 30 days. It becomes difficult to write about stuff while keeping the reader interested. Again, I'm not worried about the reader as I have no real remorse for them if they (and by they I probably mean you) are reading this stream consciousness diatribe. But maybe the task at hand is more difficult than I first surmised; unfortunately for you though, I'm not really a quitter.

Although content seems to be lacking today, I would like to make one observation before ending this post. I recently looked up my high school on Wikipedia and discovered that we have multiple famous alumnae. Interestingly enough, my name was included in the list of the "famous". Well, this seems intriguing, although as you're reading this I'm sure you're not suprised. I mean why would you continue to read this if I weren't someone famous or rich or talented or on The Real World. Anyway, turns out I was a NCAA tennis player at my college...yeah...an NCAA tennis player. Well, turns out thats not true. Howver, another noteable famous alumni was apparently Paul Blart mall cop of that timeless critically acclaimed classic Paul Blart Mall Cop (PBMC as its known to those in the biz). By the way check out his credentials, much better than valedictorian.

Anyway, that got me thinking as to how the hell Wikipedia could ever verify EVERYTHING that is posted to their site. So as an experiment, I've decided to make a few edits to various Wikipages, just to see if any verification is done on the posts that are made there. I feel that if I did any less, I'd not only be letting my friends and family down, I'd also disappoint Paul Blart...Mall Cop, and I don't want to live in a world where he's disappointed with me.

EDIT: Apparently the Wikipedia gestapo is a bit more strict than originally planned, though somehow they allow Paul Blart slipped through the cracks? So the online encyclopedia has 200 words devoted to the fly swatter but they are seemingly fine with the fact that he (the fictional mall cop character) somehow graduated from a small rural Minnesota High School and then followed that up by attending Thomas Jefferson Starship University of California...brilliant. Anyway I will continue this and keep you posted.

EDIT: Even better, Paul Blart has his own wiki page already!

1 comment: