Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Day 1 - Thirty to go?

This being the first blog posting of my life, it comes with quite a bit of pressure. If this posting isn't good people may never return and read more; fairly presumptuous assuming anyone would to begin with, but go with it. Although I've been contemplating starting one of these for quite a while I wasn't really sure what the point was. I mean why would anyone feel compelled to read someone's incoherent ramblings? Fuck it, here's to trying.

So back to the issue at hand: the pressure of the first blog post. The first post is usually some sort of sappy shit written by the narcissistic whiny author about themselves and what their likes/dislikes are. Well I'm not going to do that. Why, you ask? Because that's not me, I've never been self indulgent, even more so if I was, I certainly wouldn't write a blog to tell the world about how great I am. I'm much too evolved for something that petty. Amateurs.

Right, we were talking about first blog postings. Perusing the Internet for what people tend to use these blogs for basically taught me three things:

1. Most people give up on these in less than 30 days
2. There really is no point to blogging, maybe that's the point?
3. Blogs make you no money; none, zip, zilch, nada.

Now here I am re-reading those three points and I'm already starting to reconsider this endeavor...

One of the things that I don't really understand about blogging is the way people tend to approach it. Usually people approach it by telling the reader precisely how formulaic their days/weeks/lives are; for example:

John D Suck's Blog
Hello faithful readers, today was a great day. I woke up this morning, bright eyed and bushy tailed (LOLZ) and made a fabulous breakfast. My scrambled eggs were a little overdone, but it didn't matter. You know why? John & Kate Plus 8 is on tonight!

....give me a fucking break. I hate you, go fuck off you pile of shit. Why as readers do we give a shit just how pathetic your daily routine is? If I wanted to know that all you have to look forward to ONCE YOU WAKE UP is coming home from your menial job and watching some bullshit TV show, then I would have asked. Cocksucker.

Now I'm off track...this is why I don't know why I'm even attempting one of these. I have ADD to beat hell, and I'm far too cynical and critical of others. SO, now that I've ripped on the typical linear daily drivel, I now have to try and avoid it or run the risk of being a dash hypocritical. Hopefully before these thirty days are up I'll have enough to write about on here where I won't have to resort to rehashing the minutia of my day; and if not, then its only 30 days and I think you can handle it.

No comments:

Post a Comment